Is the highest ticket price of a classical music popularization program worth 10 million VND?
- The ticket price for the show is only 1 million. The money from ticket sales of 10 million VND will be used to build schools for children in the highlands. Half of the proceeds from the sale of the remaining tickets are donated to the Rice and Meat Fund. Although the grant is not much, I believe in the meaning and good future of the program. When I went to school, I had a scholarship, so I didn't need anything for myself.
How long do you plan to extend this series of programs?
- Until... the end of my life, according to my ability. If it's too busy, it will take 2-3 years for some, but quality must be ensured. Personally, I am determined to seriously dedicate my life to the cello. Many other women have families, children, work... to take care of, but I only focus on cello. I want to live my life with the cello and have a product to leave behind. Cello Fundamento is like my brainchild. I want when I close my eyes, the program will continue to spread.
Why are you so passionate about cello?
- I want to dedicate my life to the cello because I missed it since I was 10 years old. That's fate. I practice the piano and find it good, it's so beautiful, why don't people know, while all over the world they like the cello very much. It is even more loved than other instruments because of its distinctive bass timbre. There are few cello soloists in Vietnam. In the next few generations, there are Ms. Tran Thi Mo, Uncle Ngo Hoang Quan, Bui Gia Tuong... I hope that in the next 5-10 years, we will have more cello talents who will one day win the world prize.
Surely the cello will be "thanked" to Dinh Hoai Xuan because she has proven her ability to apply for sponsorship as she invested in the MV "Towards Hanoi" to 1 billion while starting from only 4 million?
- Before studying music, I passed ballet in Hanoi, but my mother told me to learn the piano better. I study the organ every year with 10 points, but I asked the teacher, "Let me learn one color only". The teacher said to switch to the piano. After studying piano for a year, the school turned to the Academy, opening more subjects, including cello. The teacher said, "This child is very suitable to learn the cello". I looked at the guitar, it was beautiful, I fell in love. Listen to the teachers pull the bass again, that's it...
Since then, I've only had cello pain. Whoever I talk to, they can understand my desire for the cello. The process of making discs and MVs was difficult, but I also found help from many people. Sometimes you also have to risk taking a bank loan to make a product. Now, my relationships are wider, it's easier to apply for grants than before, but I'm aiming for larger-scale projects, so it's also a lot of work. I have been working hard for this show since half a year ago. Prepare for next year's program, even bigger.
I want people to know that the cello is really good, not that I want to do the coloring. I sacrificed, even turned down many marriage proposals to study the cello. If I didn't go to a doctorate, I would stay at home and get married.
If you study for a doctorate in performance, you must perform a lot?
- Yes, in addition to researching, studying, translating books, going to class, in the last two years I have acted quite a lot: Spain, Italy, Belgium, Greece, America... I was determined to study to the fullest because I was also afraid of grades. bad to embarrass the Vietnamese people. Working days from 6 hours to 11 hours to meet the requirements of the school. But I never saw it as hard work, tired but happy to live exactly what I dreamed of, without having to worry about anything. When I was in Vietnam, I had to teach piano while running to earn money. Studying in Romania for 2 years, both professional and foreign languages have improved, and I was awarded a Ph.D. scholarship in the US. But I am determined to complete the program I am studying.
It can be seen that her walking path is quite standard. Can you share your experiences with young people on the threshold of education?
- First, you must determine what you are passionate about and if you dare to sacrifice for that choice. Once determined, then despite all the difficulties, keep going straight ahead. From the beginning, I wanted to become a classical artist, but due to the unpopularity of the performance environment, audience tastes, and cello, I took a detour, released Trinh music MV, and sold classical music with “Huong ve Ha Noi. Many people ask me why I have such a good acting land to go to school. Actually, I'm still on the right path, trying to learn to the end to develop my abilities as much as possible. Learning English also for cello, going to teach piano also to serve cello. Even my boyfriend, refused them all because I was not of the same opinion. Currently, I have met a companion who encourages my path, so I am feeling very good. In love, I'm a little rough, but the cello never derails.
Specifically, how did the companion encourage Xuan?
- Exactly, he gives me motivation. The Cello Fundamento series was born from a sentence he said: “I hope you practice hard. I really expect you to become a great artist with both academic rigor and public sympathy." In fact, I only have a great love for the guitar, but I don't dare to claim to be an artist... at all. From that sentence, I kept thinking.
In life, the most valuable are the friends who give you motivation and faith. That is priceless, everything else will pass. I just read the sentence: "If you want to succeed, you must sacrifice other small happiness". But I did exactly that a long time ago.